Posted on : 17-02-2011 | By : Laura Wimble | In : Internet_Marketing
When talking about the online marketing trends from 2010 onwards, most marketers have predicted location trends will be the future! Location-based Internet marketing is of great importance both for your search engine optimization and social media marketing strategy.
Using location-based Internet marketing in search engine marketing strategy has become very important for businesses these days. Location-based navigation is greatly used among search engines and mobile device makers. Search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing are already using location features as to help you narrow down the results to the searcher’s country. They are looking to localize Web searching as to make it more relevant for the searcher and draw more regional advertising. It is also predicted that GIS Latitude and Longitude coordinates within web sites will soon become an absolute necessity for everyone performing e-commerce via the Internet.
Location-based Internet marketing is becoming increasingly important also for your social media marketing strategy! Twitter. Facebook. LinkedIn. Yelp. WordPress. YouTube. Foursquare. Gowalla. Myspace. Constant Contact. They are all content-generating platforms that focus to some extent on location features. Facebook allows you to be part of a location-based networked (e.g. London, New York) and to search people based on their location. LinkedIn also allows you to specify your location as to make it possible for professionals from the same region to search you. The location feature is available for most social networks and they are all working as to improve it!
Two of the social networks which have taken their location-based feature to a new level, are Twitter and Foursquare. At the very beginning of 2010 Twitter introduced a location trend feature that allows users to follow local trending topics on Twitter. It is a great way to find out what people are talking about around the world and has got a great feedback from users.
Another social network that specializes on the use of location is Foursquare. Identified by Mashable as ‘the future Twitter’, Foursquare is a location-based service based on your Twitter network with an added layer of social game play.
Importance of Foursquare for Businesses:
* Use it to explore your neighborhood and then reward people for doing so. It combines their friend-finder and social city guide elements.
* Use it as a game mechanics – users can earn points, win mayor ships and unlock badges for trying new places and revisiting old favourites.
Location-based Internet marketing is one of the hottest trends at the moment and can be used very effectively by both small and larger businesses. When designing your social media marketing strategy and search engine marketing strategy, this new feature should be included.
Benefits of Location-Based Internet Marketing
Location-based Internet marketing is considered to be one of the hottest trends in the future for both social media marketing and search engine marketing. In our previous post we have explained this new trend along with providing you with few of the latest example on how social networks use location-based Internet marketing (Foursquare, Twitter, Yelp, Meetup).
This new technique brings along a number of advantages for marketers that they need to be aware of. Location-based marketing is an effective new social media technique for all businesses since it brings along a number of advantages.
The advantages of location-based Internet marketing would refer to:
* Getting the attention of your target easier! Use location-based marketing to differentiate your business from your local competitors.
* Increasing Impulse Buying! The real time delivery of advertising prompts benefits of immediate response. Example: Get 50% off on boots if you come into our store in the next 30 minutes!
* Developing stronger one-to-one relationship marketing! Consumer purchasing history can be examined, thereby enhancing future marketing messages.
* Increased psychological nurturing! It helps in building brand recognition and loyalty among your customers by giving them more attention.
* Improving one-to-one relationship marketing! Consumer purchasing history can be examined, thereby enhancing future marketing messages.