If you wish to consider making money online (with the exception of any illegal online activities and all other unethical means) you would no doubt come across various Internet Marketing Gurus over hyping and boasting that they hold the secret key to unlock online wealth, secret that is surely guarantee to make you rich in no time.
It’s not surprising for you to get tons of marketing promotions and campaigns that promotes the supposedly so called latest single push button fads, greatest and easiest products, tools or services that you ought to have so as to earn you four to five figure sum in days or weeks.
The cold hard truth is that regrettably over 99% of online Internet Marketing business fails in the 1st five years since start up. For the remaining 1% which made it through after 5 years, less than 0.5% actually make profits. The rest who make it through the five years barely break even.
A lot of people find Internet Marketing and online business interesting and enticing because the entry barrier in particular the start up cost is low. As a matter of fact, with the exception of the cost of the computer and broadband access, you could realistically start any online business without having to spend a fortune.
On-line business start up cost may be very affordable, what most people tend to overlook is the amount of time needed to invest into online business marketing in order to make it successful. You need to be prepare to invest time to educate yourself on Internet marketing essentials such as fundamental marketing and customer relationship concepts, strategies, best practices, tools, products and services critical to the survival of your online business.
If you are new to Internet marketing then you should find a good Internet Marketing Guru to be your mentor and learn as much from them. Quite a number of these successful Internet Marketers has been there and done that so to speak. There is no point to try to reinvent the wheel and learn from mistakes that others has made. Work hard is necessary but more important you also need to work smart.
Quite a number of successful online entrepreneurs experienced failures in their earlier marketing campaigns before they finally starts to break even and subsequently achieved financial independence. No doubt there are ways to quickly earn cash by using some of the techniques, products or services offered by many IM Guru’s, most of these so called get rich quick scheme are short lived.
You don’t need to be an Internet Marketing Guru or holding high qualifications such as PhD doctorate to be successful in online business. What you need is 1) passion to succeed, 2)ability to adapt to changes, 3)commitment to online business and not treating it as a hobby, 4) learn from a good mentor, 5) plan to succeed because failure to plan is planning to fail.
Last but not least, you need to take action to jump-start your online business. If you don’t take action than nothing happens. Some people felt they are not ready to do so because they are still learning the ropes and there are so much information to digest.
Information overload is a normal phenomena experienced by many Internet marketing newbies. A good mentor is therefore very important to help you navigate through the maze of never seemingly ending online business opportunities. Stick to one particular money making model or technique and put your efforts and focus to make it succeed.
If you continue to switch from one online business marketing strategy to the next before it yields any tangible results, you are not likely to succeed. After all, a rolling stone gather no moss so to speak and you don’t want to become a Jack of all trades but master of none.